Sunday 25 July 2010

Lake Panorama


The title of this post took me some time to spell, it was originally going to be called 'Lake Pananoroma' Which sounds odd if said out loud.
The lake pictured above is in Slapton Ley Nature reserve, which is in Devon. I'd have to say it's one of my favourite places in Devon. I took this picture at around 6:30am which is why I'd guess the water is so still.

The lake above is around 1.5 miles in length making it the largest lake in south-west Britain. It is known for it's large population of Cetti's Warbler (A bird I never got a picture of) So we'll have to make do with some Geese I got a shot of instead.



Admittedly I probably could've taken this shot at home but the geese seem to look better in Devon.

The Geese above are Canadian Geese, which are very Common in England and probably Canada too. They feed on Grass, Grain, insects as well as a range of aquatic vegetation. Geese often feed on large plains as this makes it easier to spot predators, I hope who ever's reading this remembers this next time they see Canadian Geese.

I got several shots of other birds too as well as Dragon flies which I hope to post about a bit later on.





No comments:

Post a Comment